YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – Authorities with Talmer Bank warned of a scam involving automated calls to customers Thursday.
Talmer Bank Managing Director Vince Szymborski said that someone made such calls once or twice last year.
The calls have been going to customers of Talmer Bank as well as non-customers. Szymborski said that Talmer Bank has reported the phone numbers where the calls originated to police to investigate.
The bank can shut down the account of any customer whose information has been compromised, then issue a new card, according to Szymborski.
The bank has offered the following tips on its website:
- Calls appear to be going primarily to cell phone numbers.
- The call sounds like a mimic (recording) from a Bank Call Center Representative.
- In most cases, the incoming call number displays as “unknown”. In some instances, the area codes show as 305, 704, 720, 702 or 773.
- Talmer Bank never contacts customers to ask for personal information, card number, PIN or security code.
- If you do receive such a call, the bank recommends not providing any information and hanging up.
- In the event you have provided the information in question, you can contact Talmer Bank at (800) 456-1500, or visit your local banking center.