ALLIANCE, Ohio (WYTV) – After debating President Trump in Cleveland Tuesday, Democratic candidate Joe Biden hit the campaign trail by train across Ohio and Pennsylvania.
One of his first stops was at the Amtrak station in Alliance. That is where Youngstown Mayor Tito Brown got the chance to meet the candidate. Brown talked with Biden for about 15 minutes. He says Biden realizes mayors can play a big role in turning this country around.
“The first thing he said to me when he realized I was the mayor of Youngstown, Ohio, he said the mayors need to have a seat at the table in his administration, and that’s where the things are happening,” Brown said. “He wants to make sure their voices are heard when he is president.”
After the Alliance stop the train made several stops in western Pennsylvania.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- YSU nursing students prepare for work in pandemic with mock COVID-19 testing
- Brookfield murder defendant to be held in Trumbull County Jail without bond
- Pennsylvania’s daily COVID-19 cases reach new record-high number
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: DeWine briefing scheduled for 2pm
- State leaders encourage Pennsylvanians to hand-deliver mail-in ballots ‘immediately’