(WYTV) - 33 Pinpoint Weather is getting you winter ready. When the weather becomes life-threatening, our team is prepared to give you the most comprehensive weather coverage.
One thing we see when the snow falls is an increase in trips to the emergency room.
Doctors say snow and ice covered sidewalks and parking lots lead to more broken ankles, hips and wrists this time of year.
"A lot of times when you fall, it's completely unexpected and you're not paying attention. So, keep the sidewalks clear, don't go out if you don't have to," said Dr. Amanda Mason, Mercy Health Emergency Room.
Depending on your fall, it's not always a quick fix.
So, be sure to take your time so you can avoid trips to the emergency room.
Driver of crash Friday in Howland...
Organization, volunteers in...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Organization, volunteers in Austintown help kids with place to sleep
- California farm linked to romaine lettuce E. coli recalls other produce
- Local Boy Scouts serve up breakfast with Santa in Canfield
- Fire destroys garage at vacant Youngstown house