Friday, United Way of Trumbull County announced a new focus: “United in helping children and families thrive.”
The United Way of Trumbull County is following the lead of the United Way Worldwide. It has been planning for two years, doing research and conducting surveys.
The three new areas of focus are: earn well, learn well and stay well.
- Earn Well
- Helping individuals to be prepared and maintain jobs
- Financial education programs and free tax preparation
- Gain financial literacy
- Manage limited resources
- Access to health care including drug prevention and rehabilitation
2. Learn Well
- Education for children ages 0 – 12
- Pre-kindergarten readiness
- Preparation for 21st Century jobs
3. Stay Well
- Foundation of all work
- Ensuring basic needs are met when necessary
The president of United Way of Trumbull County, Ginny Pasha, said they are not changing anything, just readjusting.
“This is just a reset of our focus areas we have committed to the United Way of Trumbull County for more than 95 years, and we remain committed to providing services to those who need it most,” Pasha said.
The United Way says they are not cutting ties with any agencies. They are just changing the way they partner.