YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) – High school students from Trumbull and Mahoning county school districts faced off in the annual bridge building contest on Friday.
The engineering-related event is organized every year by the Mahoning and Trumbull county engineers and Youngstown State University. Teams have to build bridges from limited materials.
They are then judged for their efficiency and the ability to meet design guidelines. This year, teams from Western Reserve and Lowellville high schools took top honors.
The results of the competition are below:
- 1st place, most efficient: Western Reserve High School, Team B
- 2nd place, most efficient: Lowellville High School, Team B
- Aesthetics award: Poland High School, Team B
- Most Improved award: Youngstown Early College, Team A
- Teamwork award: Mineral Ridge, Team A
- Wade Harvey Design award: Jackson Milton, Team A
- Strength award: Western Reserve, Team B