(WKBN) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health reported 4,570 additional cases and 97 deaths since Tuesday’s report.
This brings the statewide total to 1,425,048 cases and 29,323 deaths attributed to COVID-19 since the pandemic began. County-specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
There are 2,843 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 681 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to increase again. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Sept. 17 – Sept. 23 stood at 8.9%.
The number of COVID-19 cases among school-aged children (between 5-18 years old) is 12.2 times greater this year than in 2020. In fact, between Sept. 15 and Sept. 21, 2020, there were a total of 650 COVID-19 cases in school-aged kids compared to 7,928 cases in the same age group during the same week in 2021.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday, Sept. 28, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday, Sept. 28, 68.6% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 12,724,133 total vaccine doses, including 109,431 additional doses authorized for people who are immunocompromised, as of Wednesday, Sept. 29.
- 6,193,047 people are fully vaccinated; with 10,499 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 15,400 people per day receiving vaccinations.
There are 5,442,101 individuals who have tested negative to date.
Approximately 31,077 of total COVID-19 cases have been among health care workers.