(WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health reported a total of 560 new cases of COVID-19 and 21 more deaths since Wednesday’s report, when 496 new cases and 22 deaths were reported.
This brings the statewide total to 1,207,495 cases and 27,438 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per continues to drop, after peaking at 2,661 patients which is slightly below what it was at the height of the spring 2020 peak of 2,751 patients on May 3, 2020. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of May 28 – June 3 stood at 2.9%.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Pennsylvania hospitals began receiving shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 14 and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 21. The Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine was first allocated to Pennsylvania the week of March 1.
On Friday, April 23, the CDC and FDA notified all COVID-19 vaccine providers that the pause in administering doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine has been lifted. Following the announcement, Pennsylvania resumed Janssen vaccinations.
Vaccination numbers for Pennsylvania do not include Philadelphia, which is its own jurisdiction, or federal facilities, which are working directly with the federal government.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, June 10, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 59.9% of its entire population, and the state ranks 9th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, June 10, 56.4% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated while 72.6% have received their first dose.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, June 10 Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Vaccine providers have administered 11,059,516 total vaccine doses as of Thursday, June 10.
- 4,990,609 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 33,100 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,490,925 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 6,481,534 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 11,946,240 doses will have been allocated through June 12:
- 299,960 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 299,960 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, we have administered 11,059,516 doses total through June 9:
- First/single doses: 6,481,534 administered
- Second doses: 4,577,982 administered
Fully vaccinated people may choose not to wear a mask indoors or outdoors unless the business or organization requires it, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).