WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – A Trumbull County jury returned a verdict Thursday in the capital murder trial of Kashaun Williams.

The jury found Williams guilty of two counts of aggravated murder, attempted murder, aggravated burglary, kidnapping, felonious assault, assault on a peace officer and receiving stolen property. He showed little emotion as the verdict was read.

Williams was charged in an April shooting in Warren. He was also accused of shooting a woman and trying to abduct her, but she was saved when officers arrived at the scene.

“There’s no defense to this case,” said Assistant Prosecutor Chris Becker.

The charges against Williams stemmed from the April 2 shooting on Lener Avenue SW in Warren, where James Chapman was killed. Prosecutors say he was shot twice in the back.

His live-in girlfriend, Martina Moore, was also shot but survived. Moore was called to the witness stand Monday morning. She described what happened after Chapman was shot.

“He grabbed me by the back of my head… He grabbed me, he pulled me back, he [started] beating me with the gun,” Moore said.

Moore testified that Williams dragged her out of the house, across a gravel driveway. She said she remembered hearing sirens while Williams was trying to shove her into the back seat of a car.

“He get to saying, ‘No [expletive], let go of my gun, let go of my gun,’ by beating me with his other hand, his left hand. The sirens got closer, of course, because I hear a cop yell, ‘Hey!’ He let go and he took off running,” Moore said.

On Wednesday, Chapman’s mother, Lasoneya Lynk, was called to the witness stand. Lynk was in Chapman’s house hiding in a closet with her children the night her son was shot.

“He was evil, like it was the devil that came, that’s something that we really witnessed,” Lynk said of the night in April. “The devil came and woke us up out of our sleep at 4 o’clock in the morning.”

Lynk expressed relief.

“God really has answered my prayers. I’ve had so many sleepless nights being nauseated, sick to my stomach thinking about what happened to my son,” Lynk said.

Lynk also called for justice for her son.

“I want them to put the needle in his arm I really want them to put the needle in his arm,” Lynk said. “If they don’t give him the needle, he’s still never coming home. He’s never going to be able to have the freedom that he had before.”

The trial will now enter the sentencing phase beginning Monday morning.