Liberty Township apartment building catches fire

Local News

An apartment building caught fire in Liberty Township Friday morning.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. at the Deville Apartments in the 500 block of Gypsy Ln., across from the Jewish Community Center.

Paul Testa, from JCC, said he and others were banging on doors until firefighters got there.

A woman who lives there said she knew what to do when a fireman came knocking at her door.

“Get out, wake my husband up and say, ‘Let’s go, get out! There’s a fire!’ That’s when I ran through the house, saying — because he was asleep, too, and I’m usually up early by 5 o’clock but not today I wasn’t,” Theresa Evins said.

The fire chief said it was a small fire and no one was seriously hurt.

Firefighters think it started in the laundry room and was contained to that room.

There was damage to the laundry room and nearby apartments.

The Red Cross was called out to help people who might not have a place to live anymore.

Fire investigators are still looking into how it started.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mel Robbins Main Area Middle

Trending on WYTV.com