GREENVILLE, Pa. (WYTV) – Greenville residents who were forced to evacuate after a gas leak Sunday night have been given the OK to return home.
It happened on Orangeville Road near Wood and S. Diamond streets.
It’s safe to return to the area, and the National Fuel Gas Company is going door-to-door to let residents know it’s safe to turn on their pilot lights.
The company said a tree limb fell on an above-ground gas regulator, causing the leak. It is being repaired.
Six customers lost gas service, but three of them have already gotten it back. The others should have service back later Monday.
The initial alert below was posted just after 10 p.m. Sunday.