Local News

Firefighters successfully put out flames just feet away from propane tanks

A fire started at Wheeler's Fireplace and Grills in Weathersfield

WEATHERSFIELD, Ohio (WYTV) - Firefighters in Weathersfield were called to what could have been a devastating scene at a local business Thursday evening.

Crews responded to a fire at Wheelers Fireplace and Grill just before 6.

A set of boxes with grills inside had somehow caught fire on the building's loading dock. They were sitting about ten feet away from propane tanks.

"It could have been really bad," said Weathersfield Fire Capt. Todd Stitt. "If those propane boxes would have caught fire, propane -- they shoot up in the air, it's compressed gas. It just shoots up, so it could have been really bad."

Luckily, no one was hurt and only minor damage was done to the building.

Officials aren't sure how the fire started, but the State Fire Marshal will be out Friday morning to investigate.


More Stories

Meet the Team

Don't Miss

Latest News - Local

Video Center