YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Local bars and restaurants have come together while ongoing construction continues to impact their business.
They are hosting a Construction Bar and Restaurant Crawl on Saturday, October 14.
A brunch will be held at Bistro 1907 with reservations being from 10 a.m. to noon. The crawl will start at noon at Noble Creature on Rayen Avenue. Organizers say they plan to spend an hour at each location.
Here is the full schedule:
- Noble Creature: Noon – 1 p.m.
- Penguin City/Dope: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- West 34: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Gringos: 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- V2: 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Federal: 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Draught House: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Imbibe/Rye: 7 p.m. – 8p.m.
- Whistle & Keg: 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Avalon: 9 p.m. – Closing of Crawl
Bistro 1907 will be open from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. for dinner and Prima Cucina will be open for dinner from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. for dinner.
West 34 is one of the participating bars. Employees say they hope the crawl helps keep businesses afloat during a difficult time.
“I got goosebumps on my arms now, just excited that it’s happening. It’s really hard considering that the majority of our main street is closed, caution tape everywhere,” said West 34 bartender Krystle Arndt.
She hopes the event will inspire other people to keep supporting downtown businesses.
The following are downtown parking options:
- Penguin City parking lot has offered parking
- Street parking on East & West Federal Street
- Pay lot on the corner of East Boardman & Phelps
- Lot on Market Ct. between Chestnut & Hazel (Next to Draught House)