Dog dies in Boardman house fire; owner injured trying to save it

Local News

BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) – Investigators are looking for what started a fire in Boardman Thursday morning that killed a pet and sent a person to the hospital.

It happened on Melbourne Avenue, between West Boulevard and Market Street, around 6 a.m.

One man got out safely, but he was hurt when he went up on the roof to try to rescue his dog. Firefighters then had to rescue him, and he was taken to the hospital.

“We know the fire started on the first floor on the east side of the home,” said Boardman Fire Chief Mark Pitzer.

The dog was eventually found inside the house but couldn’t be saved.

The home is now boarded up as the investigation continues.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mel Robbins Main Area Middle

Trending on