AUSTINTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) - Bicycle riders in Austintown will soon be ticketed, but it's not for doing anything wrong. It's for what they are doing right.
Beginning Thursday, June 13, a bicycle safety campaign gets underway in which police officers will be handing out "tickets" to bike riders that they see wearing a helmet.
The officers will have books of "Tasty Citations" that will include a coupon for a free single cake cone at Katie's Korner Homemade Ice Cream.
The Austintown Optimist Club is sponsoring the campaign.
Residents in one Warren neighborhood...
Brookfield residents hit hard after...
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Brookfield residents hit hard after Sunday storms tear through Trumbull County
- Scrappers players grateful to open the season on Father's Day
- Youngstown United brings community together at annual Father's Day cookout
- Before tornado warnings issued, Warren residents dealt with high waters