House damaged in Cortland fire

News

CORTLAND, Ohio (WYTV) – Three fire departments assisted Cortland firefighters in controlling a house fire Thursday.

Crews were called about 6:15 p.m. to a house on Cricket Lane after the homeowner started a fire in the fireplace and reported smelling smoke.

When crews arrived, the fire had spread to the walls and into the attic.

Firefighters from Howland, Mecca and Bazetta assisted in controlling the fire and keeping it from spreading to the rest of the house.

No one was injured. A damage estimate was not available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mel Robbins Main Area Middle

Trending on WYTV.com