(WYTV) - Are you protecting your face from sunburn this summer?
That may depend on whether you're using sunscreen or sun-protecting moisturizer.
Sun protection is important year-round, especially now.
When it comes to protecting our faces, Dr. Amy Kassouf of the Cleveland Clinic says many of us are missing the mark when it comes to proper sunscreen application.
"Most people put on eye cream or something like that on when they use a moisturizer. If they were told it was sunscreen, then they got it right up to the edge, right up to their eyes, they did a much better application and got better SPF protection from the sunscreen, simply because of the way that they used it," she said.
Protecting your eyes is key. The skin around the eyes is thinner and more prone to sun damage.
Whether you're using sunscreen or a moisturizer with sunscreen, be generous with it and use it often.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Warrant issued for suspect in Belmont Avenue shooting, police say
- Len Rome's Local Health: Cesarean Delivery
- Frito-Lay issuing voluntary allergy alert for potato chips
- New system isolates power outages in Western Pa., lessens outage duration