Family safe after fire breaks out at home in Youngstown

News

Crews were called around 3 a.m. Tuesday to a house Hunter Avenue.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WYTV) — City firefighters fought fires on two separate sides of town.

Around 3:15 a.m. Tuesday morning, crews were called to a 2606 Hunter Ave. home on the South Side and found heavy smoke coming from the first floor.

Firefighters managed to get inside and contain the fire to the first floor, reports said.

As firefighters were working they had to call police because the man who owns the home kept interfering with them, reports said.

A woman and two children, ages 1 and 3, were inside when the fire broke out but they managed to get out.

The fire was caused by a faulty air conditioner. Damage is listed at $5,000.

Earlier, about 10:30 p.m. Monday, crews were called for a fire at a vacant 879 Wilson Ave. home, where a fire on the first floor spread to the second floor before it could be put out.

Reports said crews could smell gas on the front porch and by a side door.

Damage is listed at $6,100, a total loss.

No one was injured in either fire.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on WYTV.com