LONDON, Ohio (WKBN) - A ceremony will be held in Ohio next month to honor peace officers killed in the line of duty.
The 32nd Ohio Peace Officers' Memorial will honor the 799 fallen officer in the state since 1823, four of which died in 2018. These officers are Eric Joering, Westerville Division of Police, Anthony Morelli, Westerville Divison of Police, Matthew Mazany, Mentor Police Department and Vu Nguyen, Cleveland Division of Police.
There will also be a moment of silence for Colerain Township Police Officer Dale Woods, who died in the line of duty on January 7, 2019.
The memorial will be held at the training academy in London, Ohio on May 2. The ceremony begins at 11 a.m.
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, the Ohio Police Officer Training Commission and law enforcement across the state will attend to pay their respects.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Non-profit organization celebrates distribution of 1 million diapers
- Shenango Twp. woman arraigned on 104 animal neglect charges pleads not guilty
- Task force: 2 arrested after over $4,000 in drugs found in Wellsville home
- Old building in Wellsville coming down after portion collapses