(WYTV) - Len and Jim put their lab coats on this morning to demonstrate a popular science experiment.
Most middle school science fairs feature a lava-spewing volcano. Most of those are made by mixing vinegar with baking soda.
The Daybreak team did it a bit differently.
Using a funnel, Jim put some baking soda into a deflated balloon. Then he put some vinegar into a dry water bottle.
He put the balloon over the water bottle top, careful not to spill any baking soda into the bottle.
Then when ready, he spilled all the baking soda from the balloon into the vinegar mixture in the bottle.
The reaction between the vinegar (acid) and baking soda (base), causes carbon dioxide gas to inflate the balloon.
Isn't science fun?!
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Warren Police Department swears in new officer
- Manufacturing event at MCCTC aims to expose younger children to the industry
- Union wondering if school board will talk about Poland teachers' contract
- 'Tis the season for mushrooms, but why do yours keep popping up year after year?