Editor’s note: This story has been edited after Kent State University sent a correction to information it emailed to students and faculty. The correct dates for the continuation of classes are listed below.
KENT, Ohio (WKBN) – Kent State University is pushing back its spring break this year to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
University officials announced Thursday that spring break for 2021 has moved from March 29-April 4 to April 12-18.
After spring break, classes will continue remotely through the last day of instruction on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 and through final examinations, May 6-12, 2021.
On May 4, there will be no classes between noon and 2 p.m. to remember May 4, 1970.
The change is being made in an effort to reduce transmission of COVID-19 because of excessive spring travel.
Registration for spring semester will begin Oct. 26, 2020 for graduate students and on Oct. 27 for undergraduate students.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Boardman Fire Department, local food pantry team up to help those in need
- Warren Flea Market dresses up, hosts trick or treat event
- Canfield bar and grille closes Saturday for Halloween
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 2,915 additional cases, 10 new deaths reported
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: 2,510 new cases, 28 new deaths reported